Mouth Friendly Recipe- Strawberry Spinach Salad
We love healthy recipes that are also healthy for your teeth! We have so many amazing recipes in store, and this is one we definitely want to share with you. This strawberry cobb salad is good for you, and as we always aim for, it only takes 25 minutes to make. Try it out and let us know what you think of it.
FOR THE GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
- 1 c. store-bought ranch dressing
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. thinly sliced chives
- 8 large basil leaves
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 12 strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 package red raspberries
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 package blueberries
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quartered
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1. Make the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350˚. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place in the skillet. Sear chicken, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and continue to cook, 8 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Cool 7 to 10 minutes before slicing.
3. To assemble: Pour half the dressing into a large mixing bowl and toss together with spinach. Transfer coated spinach to a serving bowl and top with sliced chicken breasts, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, avocado, feta cheese, and egg. Season entire salad with salt and pepper.
4. Serve entire salad, family style, alongside remaining dressing.
If you have any questions, please call us at 815-398-6545 or connect with us online at any of your favorite places!